Feed on

Recent visit to Joe Powell Golf in Sarasota, Fl (22 posts)

• Profile picture of freddiec freddiec said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Here it is.(cont from above) IPad I could not attach the pics. DSP-GT model. Early 1990s tour demo club, 43.25 inches, S300, D2 sw.  This club has a great neck and excellent bulge and roll IMO. Pure

jp_joep.jpg
    jp_2.jpg
    jp_fac.jpg
    sprite
  • Profile picture of Persimmon Golf Today Persimmon Golf Today said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Uhhhhh.. WOW!  Speachless, that club is pretty much perfect to my eye.  Love the glass-trac/gamma fire.  Walnut is my favorite stain and I like when you can see some grain in the face itself. Check.  Would love to hit that thing or just swing it and enjoy the feel.  Love the headshape too. 10/10

sprite
  • Profile picture of freddiec freddiec said 3 years, 3 months ago:

PGT, I couldn’t agree more. Thanks for your comments.  I also am a big fan of walnut as long as you can see the grain in the head and you can on this club.  Can’t put it down , it feels and looks exactly like an old classic should, like I said its hands down one of the best heads I’ve ever seen.  Looking fwd to playing it soon. Courses around here are open ,but the weather has been dreadful, but its about to turn better soon.

sprite
  • Profile picture of Blade Junkie Blade Junkie said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Fred – I finally got around to taking some pics, so here is my collection of Powells !

First up a group shot:

DSP J2 Driver, 3-Wood and 5-Wood

PT1W Driver & Smoker (“Fairway Driver” – like a 2-wood basically)

joe-powell-00.jpg
    joe-powell-01.jpg
    joe-powell-02.jpg
    sprite

Limited Edition Driver & Smoker

DSP GT (Glas Trac) Driver and DSP J3 Driver – I play both of these from time to time

PBG Driver, Driver & Smoker  (two of these are totally un-hit – the other driver I use as a range club)

Always on the look out for fairway woods to round out these sets … especially 4-woods, which I think would go well with the Driver/Smoker combos.

joe-powell-03.jpg
    joe-powell-04.jpg
    joe-powell-05.jpg
    sprite
  • Profile picture of Persimmon Golf Today Persimmon Golf Today said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Wow, unbelievable.  That would be an amazing collection for a golfer to own by itself!  A tour through your storage area must be a thing to behold.  Great craftsmanship and some beautiful gear.  Would love to take one of those out for a spin sometime.  I have heard great things about the smoker.  Thanks for posting!

sprite

No worries Riley – get yourself over to the UK and you can come and have a look in person ! :)

sprite